Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What room in your house most needs a makeover?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What room in your house most needs a makeover?

Most of us dream about improving our home in some way or another. 

Tell us what room in your house most desperately needs a makeover and why?

Jason

Home-Office.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Darren
Making a Splash

Re: What room in your house most desperately needs a makeover?

Our back room - brown tiles, mission brown window trims and a combination of exposed brick and wallpaper. Need I say anymore?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

My backyard was in desperate need of something special and I've just completed phase one. I did a lot of the work but obviously had some pros in to install the pool for example (digger, crane, etc)

So I ended up putting in a pool with surrounding natural stone paving, frameless glass fencing and finished the rest of the yard with fake grass. It's given me the foundation to work from.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

My kitchen! It's smaller than most apartment kitchens, has no dishwasher or exhaust fan, is missing cupboard doors (no idea what happened with the previous owners?!).

Below is a before pic. I have since painted the exposed bricks and cabinetry, changed the handles, replaced the freestanding cooker and removed the disgusting exhaust fan.

I can't wait to reno this room next year...

Kitchen before.jpg

My laundry is very small and narrow. Currently there is only a trough and my washing machine. I would like to add some cupboards for storage and a bench top.
Janina_G
Having an Impact

LOL,  my kitchen needs to have the toilet removed and put in bathroom...  hopefully tomorrow if the rain stops

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

In the Workshop poll we've been running over the past week, community members suggested they would much rather have a new kitchen than a new bathroom.

Over 70 percent opted for a new kitchen when asked would you rather have a new kitchen or a new bathroom. 

Thanks to all those community members who voted in the poll. Feel free to keep the discussion going by replying below.

Jason

NewKitchenPoll.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

I thought I would revive this old discussion today and see what some of our new members would most like to change about their home.

What room in your house most desperately needs a makeover? 

In our house it is a bedroom that is no longer being used by my son, who has now moved into the backyard bungalow. It has very quickly become a (messy) storeroom. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects