Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What speaker cable and brand to use in media room?

Samara1
Growing in Experience

What speaker cable and brand to use in media room?

Which speaker cable and brand is best to use in Media room (3.4x3.6m) for Home theatre setup.

how much wiring may be required for 5.2 or 7.2 channels
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What speaker cable and brand to use in media room?

Hi @Samara1,

Running conduit would certainly make adding and removing cabling easier.

You could install these Taskmaster 60mm White Cable Duct covers where the speakers are, which would be a neat port for the wall. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @Samara1 

I would take a wander into an audio place as there are numerous ways to mount terminals for your speaker cables. Depends on how you like the look really. As to Conduit verse stappling.... Stappling will lock teh cable in place (not keen on stapples as I have concern over the cable being pieced) Conduit with a drawwire inside it would make life a lot easier for future cable additions. 

DETA White Brush Wall Cover Plate - Single Pack is what I used for behind my tv to up to the Surround unit to hide a bunch of cables. With just Audio cables I think terminated sockets on wall plates would be nice.

Dave

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Samara1...

I'm not a fan of in ceiling speakers either, but looking at your plan the ideal position for surround speakers is on your robe on the right and the window opposite on the left.!

Neither are practical..so you're left with two choices..In ceiling speakers, or putting the speakers on stands..

The latter choice is more practical as you are able to move the rear speakers to where ever they sound best..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects