Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would I need to fix a big hole in a wall?

shayelee20
Just Starting Out

What would I need to fix a big hole in a wall?

what would I need to fix a hole in a wall that are a bit bigger?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: what would I need to fix a hole in a wall that are abit bigger? ?

Welcome to the Workshop community @shayelee20. I'd be delighted to answer your question about repairing large holes in a wall.

Can I please ask what type of wall it is and how big is the hole? A picture of it would be very helpful in assisting community members to give some great advice.

Here's a step-by-step D.I.Y. guide on How to fix a hole in a plaster wall which you might find helpful. If the hole you have is larger than what they are covering I would be happy to give you further advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

Hi if you dont want to buy a whole roll of tape as shown in video Bunnings do sell Pfeiffer plaster repair wall patches. One for holes up to 10cm one 15cm. The process is the same. Although with the bigger holes I would patch the hole behind first by gluing some gyprock to the back of the hole. Make sure if you do this the edge of your patch gyprock is recessed to the main wall so you can will up to the level of the wall.

JDE

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Dip it in water and put it over the hole.Dip it in water and put it over the hole.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects