Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where do you live?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Where do you live?

Without being creepy, I thought it'd be cool if we can more easily see where members are located, should they wish to share this.

Given the context of this community and helping each other out, it could be handy to a) meet each other, b) provide some hands on help, c) organise a cook up, etc.

My first thought is to show location, eg "Perth, WA", under my member status/level. What are other people's thoughts? And you @Jason?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where do you live?

We can easily do this if members would like to see it @ProjectPete. We already have a location field in the Personal Info section of My Settings, but as you note, we're not currently displaying its contents. I'm also keen to hear other people's opinions. Would you be happy to share your location? Would you find it useful? 

Thanks,

Jason  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Scary thought less than a 15 minute walk to andy man's place and I have probably seen him around the place.

Juliapinkiepie
Building a Reputation

I'm in Maitland, NSW. It forms part of The Hunter Valley

In my opinion - I am living in the BEST area in NSW -- Coffs Harbour (Mid North Coast) and not considering moving but one never knows what the future holds!? ..
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Brad I doubt you would've ever seen me anywhere, you'd absolutely know, if you've ever seen me. I'm unforgettable scary. :wink:

I'm pretty much home bound except for medical appointments, or the occasional visit to Woodville's Bunnings store.  If you're determined to track me down, look for a white-haired ol' bloke, who looks lost, yacks to everyone, laughs alot, or has occasional jerky spasms, like a battery hen plugged into a 240v mains socket. :grin:

By the way, you should be able to comfortably walk to my home in 5 minutes. You either need a mobile scooter, or invest in one of those GST direction thingos, & avoid the Finsbury Pub. :wink:

Funny, I was just wondering if there had been a post like this yet!

I second @ProjectPete's idea of having a line in the persons level. I've seen a similar thing done elsewhere, and it could be a handy piece of information to have at hand when browsing the Gardening pages due to the location specific nature. :smile:

Other ideas could possibly be plotting this information on a dynamic map of Australia (and the world too).

Naturally, a flag on wether you want this information displayed or not too.

Oh, and for the record, I hail from our nations capital, the ACT!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone. Please keep the suggestions coming.

If you'd like to suggest any other enhancements to Workshop, feel free to add to this post: How can we improve your Workshop?

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Don't think it could hurt. I'm in Rozelle in Sydney.

Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

@Andy_Mann there is also Arndale and the now defunct Drive in Hardware, Deslands Hardware and Loyds that changed to bunnies before moving to Woodville.

Might do the trip tomorrow on the council bus to Churchill Rd to get some ceramic taps.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects