Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Whole home low budget slow refresh

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

Whole home low budget slow refresh

Home Sweet Home!Home Sweet Home!So I'm about to take on a little cottage in the middle of nowhere to be near family, and I'm beside myself with excitement about all the stuff we can do to freshen her up. I've never done any reno stuff before, but a lick of paint is always a great place to start. Bunnings, here I come!

P.S. I'm still trying to work out how to add an image to this post!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Temporary Dishwasher Install Advice Please

Hello @BoeingFan

I'm sure @MitchellMc will be very pleased to hear that you got the dishwasher sorted out. Please let me know if you run into any issues with the temporary installation of your dishwasher.

We look forward to your next update.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much @EricL Actually, let me ask you one question, please; with the Kinetic brass nut and tail kit, does the rubber washer go in the bottom of the cup, with the lip of the tail on top, or does the top of the tail sit metal on metal on the bottom of the cup, and the washer on top, which will squish down against the 20mm hex nipple?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @BoeingFan

The top of the tail sits metal on metal on the bottom of the cup and then the washer goes on top. The twisting action of the cup will press the nipple down onto the washer and down onto the top of the tail providing you with a water-tight connection.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

@EricLThank you for your quick reply last night, it is now in-situ and working beautifully. We also bought the Mondella toilet suite whilst we were at Bunnings collecting the dishwasher, so that's another item ticked off the list ready for the plumbers and builder.

Thank you @EricL and @MitchellMc I am so thankful for your help.

IMG_9232 - Copy.JPG

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan

That's wonderful to hear, I'm glad everything worked out. When the time comes to position the dishwasher in its permanent spot, please let me know. I'll be more than keen to throw in some installation tips for easy access and maintenance.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan,

How are the renovations going? Were you able to get a plumber in to install your new toilet?

Katie

G'day Katie,

Thanks for asking; the reno's have been chugging along very slowly, but the bathroom has been mostly finished. I've had a shower screen installed, but now I'm opting to have it removed and another with a door put in. Everything you see in the after pic, except from the shower screen, bathroom door, and shower grate/tray, was purchased from Bunnings.

Since I took this photo, I have installed some D push/pull handles on the door, and also put a shelf up above the toot, so when the new screen goes in I'll take another pic and upload it.

I've uploaded before and after pic's (with the current screen):

IMG_1246 - Copy - Copy.jpgIMG_1245 - Copy.JPG.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan,

Your bathroom looks fantastic! May I ask why you've opted to remove the open pane screen and replace it with one that has a door? 

Katie

Thank you @KatieC 

There's a couple of reasons I've decided to go for a screen with a door;

• I have this uncanny knack of smashing soap holders off the wall with my elbows when I wash my hair, so I tilt the shower head back further to allow me to stand back a tad further, which in turn means more water pooling temporarily around the edge of the current fixed pane and occasionally running out of the space. Having the screen frame run across the floor to the right hand wall will help prevent this. I also have a low, wide storage tub which I put on the floor of the shower space to wash my two miniature dachshunds, and when I tip it up to empty out, again the additional frame will help prevent run out.
  • I installed an additional high capacity DETA exhaust fan near the Martec unit to assist with steam extraction, and so the extra exhaust power does create a slightly chilly drought in winter, so the door will help a lot with that too. 

I will try to grab another pic of the bathroom over the weekend to show the Ikonic D handles  and shelf also. In fact I love the 300mm handles so much I've provided a pair to the shower screen company to use as the shower door handle also.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan,

I definitely get where you are coming from. We are eventually going to do the same with our ensuite as noticed the over splash is getting on the plaster. Looking forward to seeing your new handles for your door and shower and also the shelf! 

Katie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects