Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

A3E92412-9D61-4CAF-A6DE-2793BAFF0861.jpeg

D49B31C4-1E7E-47D4-8E85-B9D33FB230DB.jpeg

Our laundry was pretty basic with just a standard trough and no storage. We wanted to make it more practical but had a very small budget. 
So we went to Bunnings and bought a large bench top, new sink, 2x cupboards and some beautiful tiles.  
It took us less than a day to put it all together, and the best part was it only cost us around $500 all up! 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: $500 Bunnings laundry reno

Thanks so much! @HandyH 

Yep it’s perfect for towels, we have a newborn that gets bathed in the laundry sink so her towel lives there along with other washing that is still a little damp at the end of the day that I don’t want to leave outside overnight. 👍🏻 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

For those asking, the cupboards we used are the Marquee 1000mm melamine base cabinets ($99 each) and we just put different handles on them, the bench top is the Marquee 2400x600x25mm laminate white bench top ($99), the sink is the Estilo 610x510x250mm stainless steel laundry trough ($110), and the wall tiles are the Bellazza 60x30cm builders porcelain floor tiles ($25 per pack of 6, we used 2 packs).

Many thanks for the extra detail @prettyliving. Great to see so many people have already been inspired by your renovation.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I'm curious to know how you cut the hole into the sink! Laundry looks amazing
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kelmin27,

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. Great to have you with us. Let me tag @prettyliving to make sure she is alerted to your question about cutting the hole for the sink. 

Welcome to the community, you'll find plenty of helpful advice and inspiration for all your projects from our amazing members. Let us know if you need a hand with anything. Perhaps you are planning your own reno?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the tag @Jason.

@Kelmin27 For the hole in the benchtop we used a jigsaw, we drilled a large hole in it first to get the blade of the jigsaw in. Hope that helps 😊

Hi I’ve just measured our laundry and it’s 6ft square. I want to do ours as it leads off the new Kaboodle kitchen we had put in 2018. We have a tiny house it’s an old SA housing trust detached house, very basic. You’ve given me the inspiration to get our laundry done now answering questions that I wanted to ask. Thankyou, we want to get it done now as we’re both now in our 70’s and still able to climb ladders. We did our lounge room last year.

leah
Finding My Feet

Beautiful space 

@Moomarg Oh that’s awesome! Good for you! 😁 I’m glad I inspired someone 🙂 Keep us updated with how it goes 😃

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thanks @leah 🤗

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects