Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Are Flatpax and Kaboodle compatible for laundry makeover?

JodieB
Finding My Feet

Are Flatpax and Kaboodle compatible for laundry makeover?

Hi there!

I'm sure this has been answered before however I'm ordering online and sadly live a very long way from any Bunnings store so wanted to double check.  

I'm finally completing a bathroom/laundry renovation started in 2020. I purchased a 600 mm Flatpax base cabinet to use as a vanity and now have decided to add a couple of extra cabinets as there is plenty of room. I'm planning on ordering a 200 mm and 300 mm base cabinet from the Kaboodle range as I'd like to use the country raw board doors. 

I'm just wondering if Flatpax and Kaboodle are compatible and if I can change over the doors on Flatpax to the raw board? I'm using an Acacia wood benchtop and am planning to either waterfall or matchboard the end so a variation in depth won't be an issue.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Are Flatpax and Kaboodle compatible for laundry makeover?

Hello @JodieB

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about Kaboodle doors being compatible with Flatpax cabinets.

Technically speaking they are not compatible. The hinge locations for the Kaboodle doors are located in different places. However, if you have the tools and are confident enough to drill new plate mounting holes on the cabinet side, you will be able to use the raw doors. When using raw boards for the bathroom, I suggest using Crommelin 1L Flat Aquablock Waterproof Primer Undercoat. It's the perfect primer for wet area applications and seals the door from moisture.

I recommend using Cabots 1L Gloss Clear Benchtop Timber Finish for your benchtop. It's a water-based coating that resists staining and is food safe once fully cured. Please make sure to paint all exposed surfaces such as the front, back, and sides. A minimum of two coats would be ideal.

Please keep us updated with your progress. I'm sure our members are keen to see your bathroom vanity project.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to install cabinet hinges

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.   

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much for the information Eric!!

I really appreciate the extra advice on sealants and paints and am excited that I can use Flatpax and Kaboodle together with some small adjustments. 

If you could just arrange a Bunnings store to be nearby or at least deliver my renovating life would be complete 😁

Will upload some photos of the finished project. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JodieB

I'm glad I could give you some useful suggestions. We would love to see any updates before, during, and after! In this way, we can see how you actually built your project from scratch. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to post them. Our members are more than happy to provide advice and information.

We look forward to seeing your cabinets built.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects