Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)?

bazzyboy
Cultivating a Following

Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)?

What's the best drill bit to drill a 5mm hole into the 15mm-thick side of a vitreous china WC (toilet tank) or toilet tank cover. Once drilled, I'll insert a flexible water tube through the hole to connect the water outlet inside the WC to the bidet using a T adapter (3-way valve.)

20220225_181207.jpg

20220225_181151.jpg

20220225_181122.jpg

20220225_181109.jpg

20220225_182917.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)?

Hello @mdashraf5

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion. If you've read the previous post it is better to use the 8mm Diamond tile drill bit as it will give you the correct size to pass the hose through. Let me tag @bazzyboy to make sure that they are aware of your question.

Please remember to wear safety gloves, goggles and a dust mask when drilling into a porcelain surface. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bazzyboy
Cultivating a Following

@mdashraf5 

The bidet model from the Sydney supplier is called LueLue LB5000 and it comes with the 3-way connector and flexible tubes.  Please make sure you chat with the business before they ship it, so that they know the right parts to supply for your specific scenario.  I had spoken to a Kevin.

https://www.bidetsonline.com.au/shop/bidet-water-types/cold-water-bidets-bidet-water-types/luelue-lb...

Thank you so much. I've just made an order for it and hopefully can do a same set up as yours 😉

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mdashraf5

Just a friendly reminder to wear safety equipment such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when drilling into porcelain surfaces. Please remember to drill slowly and use lots of water to prevent heating up the ceramic surface. Please make sure to post an update when you've started your drilling. I'm sure our members will be keen to see the results.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects