Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Extra bathroom hooks

Simon
Having an Impact

Extra bathroom hooks

For more towel hanging space in the colder winter months, I've added some extra hanging hooks onto our bathroom wall.

This project expanded further into fixing the stainless steel door stop.

Materials

• Estilo - Rope Hook
  • Wall Mounted Hook..
  • Filler
  • Primer and Paint
  • Sand Paper

Tools

• Wrench
  • Hammer Drill
  • Spirit Level

Steps

Step 1

This was the existing state of play. In the first week of moving into our unit, we quickly set up two wall mounted hooks. Existing was a small towel rack, and an ugly bolt that has been painted over.

Once I got started, I noticed the door stop was looking a little sad. Rusted, and about to wall out of the wall.

IMG_4030.JPGIMG_4059.JPG

Step 2

I wasn't sure how to pull the bolt out of the wall. A few swift shots with a wrench loosened it up enough to get a grip on the bolt and remove. Luckily this step only took a minute or so.

IMG_4031.JPGIMG_4056.JPG

Step 3

After a quick patch and sand, the hole left behind was quickly removed.

IMG_4058.JPGIMG_4072.JPG

Step 4

To help ensure the new hooks were spaced evenly, I quickly unscrewed the existing hooks off the mounting plate to match the spacing. I didn't get a photo of this, but took a breath of relief when everything lined up at the end.

IMG_4073.JPG

Step 5

A finished shot of the door stop. A quick spray with WD-40 and some ultra fine steel wool, came up looking brand new. The paint chips on the door will have to wait for another day.

IMG_4104.JPG

Step 6

Finished shot of the hooks. Hanging space has been doubled. Very handy in the colder winter months, especially as our bathroom does not get much direct sunlight. Would highly recommend to everyone - owner or renting!

Thanks!

IMG_4103.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Extra bathroom hooks

Hi @Simon 

Thanks for sharing the steps you took to add those extra bath hooks into your wall. Thanks for the great idea! I'm going to do the same for my bathroom instead of trying to crowd all those hooks on my door. It's good to see everything worked out and you got that Dynabolt out without too much trouble. 

Again, thank you for sharing such a fantastic project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tinker_Bell
Having an Impact

Re: Extra bathroom hooks

Hi @Simon,

Haha I am also victim of one project leads straight into another! Nice project, something that can be picked up on the weekend. I am sure you will knock out the door chips quickly. 

Tinker_Bell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects