Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help wanted for laundry and pantry renovations

daisym
Getting Established

Help wanted for laundry and pantry renovations

Pantry SpacePantry SpaceCorner of the pantry to laundryCorner of the pantry to laundryLaundryLaundryLaundryLaundryWhere the sliding door is goingWhere the sliding door is goingIMG_1772.JPGIMG_1773.JPG

Hi Workshop Community 

Would love some help in regards to the Pantry and Laundry Reno that we would love to do. We have been going back and forth with this for a while and how would be the best way to use the space. Originally we were just going to upgrade the laundry part but now we thought that we might as well do both spaces at the same time, if the budget will allow it (fingers crossed) 

As you can see by my photos the Pantry at the moment is basically just shelves we were thinking of 

- Putting in a broom cupboard (We do need to leave a little space so the sliding door can slide all the way back without hitting the door and we can open the broom cupboard 

- Continuing shelving right to the top and down the bottom adding some flexi storage solution baskets 

Then we would like it to be a seamless move from the pantry to the laundry somehow and maybe that could be with an L shape benchtop and wall shelving

Laundry 

- Just would like to add a benchtop all the way to the wall with the window 

- Add some based cabinets 

- Remove the laundry tub and cut a sink into the benchtop but leave the tapware in the same position 

For the materials

- White cabinets 

- Either White benchtop with timber shelving or white and white (but would like to break it up a little) 

I would love to hear if there is a way l could put this sketch and ideas into a design plan to see what would fit and have a better visual of the space 

I hope l have been able to explain this okay, so many ideas!!!!

Attached are pics of our space and some inspo ideas and a couple of drawings 

Appreciate your time!!!

Thank you 

daisym
Getting Established

Re: Help wanted for laundry and pantry renovations

D8DBC141-52ED-4AC7-A170-649839CD7CAB.png

81E89D90-80A0-4A4B-98EA-83B7910AF94C.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for joining the Bunnings Workshop community and making your first post @daisym. We are looking forward to seeing how you can transform your laundry and pantry.

I have asked our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to assist you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to start with this excellent guide by experienced Workshop member @Adam_W - How to plan a laundry renovation. You should also find plenty of inspiration and ideas from our Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects and Top 10 most popular kitchen projects.

We trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house from our wonderful members. Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daisym
Getting Established

Hey Jason 

Thank you so much for replying and asking @EricL for some help as well 

I'll check out @Adam_W guide as well

Thanks again everyone!!!

Cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @daisym

My apologies for the late reply. Your pantry/laundry has so much potential! Thank you for posting some sketches of your plan. Looking at your proposed layout, I think there is just enough space to squeeze a broom cupboard in. If you are removing the laundry tub, I suggest placing the washing machine on the left-hand side of your laundry tub. This will allow us to maximize your pantry space. The hoses for the washing machine can be trailed along the bottom of the benchtop and then back up to the original position of the washing machine taps, there will be no need to move them. 

Would it be possible to transfer your sliding door to the other side of the room? This will allow us full use of the space in the laundry room. If you are worried about the look of the sliding door, there are D.I.Y. techniques to modify it and give it a barn door look. Please allow me some time to draw up a proposed layout, I will post the sketches as soon as I finish them. If you want to add any other feature you wish to include in your renovation, please don't hesitate to post. I will make sure to include it in my proposal. 

Eric

daisym
Getting Established

Hi @EricL 

Yes I like the idea of switching the sliding door to the other side. 

The only problem with moving the washing machine is there is pipes already there for a sink. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @daisym

I've made some preliminary sketches of your pantry. You will notice that the 450 pantry does not have a kickboard. This will allow the pantry to fit into the vertical space you've indicated. I've placed the end of your shelves right where the laundry taps are effectively hiding them. I've placed a wall cabinet instead of straight shelves in case you want more storage. However, if you want straight shelves please tell me and I will modify the sketch.

The laundry tub stays in the same place and the plumbing does not have to move. The washing machine is more accessible if placed on the left-hand side of the sink. If you wish to see your pantry in another configuration, please let me know. Have a look at the sketches and tell me what you think.

Eric

daisym
Getting Established

@EricL these are great thank you, these do look great and give me something to definitely work with 

I just have a couple of things:- 

With the measurement l notice the measurement was actually based on just from the wall over the where the washing machine was in my originally pic. If l went from wall to wall the measurement is actually 3660m for the benchtop so l could probably fit another cabinet underneath 

I would love to see open shelving sketch if that would be okay 

What base cabinets would they be?

I'm just wondering if both of these wall ends need to be there and whether that end cupboard is able to be used with the cross (+) 

Thank you so much for your time @EricL i really appreciate it 

IMG_1892.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @daisym

Thank you for posting an update on how you want to see your pantry. I've placed an updated sketch of your pantry with the new wall measurements. The Kaboodle cabinets used are listed below.

You have the option of having the shelves painted white using AraucoPly 2100 x 900 x 30mm Clear Pine FJ Laminated Panel. I suggest using dividers along the open shelving to provide structural support and to keep the panels straight. If you wish to see the cabinets in another configuration, please don't hesitate to post and I will be more than happy to reconfigure them.

Let me tag our experienced members @prettyliving  and @craftyhopper for their recommendations.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to the start of your pantry project.

Eric

daisym
Getting Established

Yes this is great, l love this design so much better with the open the design 

I was wondering if you used the Acacia Solid Hardwood for the shelving and for the benchtop? How many length of this would l need?

Thank you for your help @EricL 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects