Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove these attachments from my toilet?

Kate58
Growing in Experience

How do I remove these attachments from my toilet?

My toilet seat broke this week and yesterday I purchased the Mondella Concerto Soft Close Toilet Seat to replace it. 

The toilet has this attachment and you cannot touch underneath it. I have tried ti remove the screws (with both a cordless screwdriver and manually) and while I can get the screws to turn, they are not loosening at all. Any ideas on what I need to do to remove the fixing?

IMG_0197.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I remove these attachments from my toilet?

Hello @Kate58 

Thank you for the update and I'm glad you've got your new seat installed! Did you happen to see how the property manager unlocked it? I'm sure our members are keen to know what tool they used.

If you have any other projects on the go, please don't forget to post an update.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @Kate58 

:smile: Time to buy a lotto ticket! How lucky is that :smile: Did you by chance see how he did it? (crossing fingers)

Dave

Kate58
Growing in Experience

Hi @EricL and @Dave-1 

He used a box cutter to remove the silicone washer then pushed the screws inside the toilet. So it was good to know that I was doing it right as this was the only way to remove them to get the new seat on.

Kate 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Thank you @Kate58 

:smile: And now added to my "how to's" in my head!

And its very nice when you find out that you have been doing it right!

Thank you again.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects