Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a handheld shower to an existing fixed straight arm rain shower

bilcruise
Building a Reputation

How to add a handheld shower to an existing fixed straight arm rain shower

Hi guys,

I am really keen to add a handheld to this shower system. Did some googling and found that what needs to be done is to add a shower diverter that can control the flow and to allow the attachment of both the existing rain shower head and a handheld shower.

Is this correct? The resources I found was for people in the US though, so not sure how things are in AU (I am a novice when it comes to DIY). Can you recommend any products that are available at Bunnings?

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

Bomber25
Cultivating a Following

Re: How to add a handheld shower to an existing fixed straight arm rain shower

@MitchellMc very similar indeed, I checked in store and unfortunately couldn’t find what  I was after. I connected the diverter in between the rain head and the end of the fixed arm. It’s almost hidden above the head. I leave the diverter half on and can use the hand held shower head as an additional with a press of a button.

Bomber25
Cultivating a Following

Photos as promised.

IMG_4907.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

Hi @Bomber25, thank you for posting the photo and your previous suggestion. It’s exactly what I’m after! Thank you again! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Bomber25 

Thanks for posting your D.I.Y. solution to divert the water to your hand-held shower head. I'm sure our members will find this remedy quite handy.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @nwos

I'm glad that @Bomber25's solution is applicable to your shower set. Please keep us updated with your progress, don't forget to post a photo once you have the diverter in place.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects