Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change Zucchetti tap cartridge?

Kalle
Finding My Feet

How to change Zucchetti tap cartridge?

Hi, CA2F826E-822F-4624-A5B5-47462E67FDA5.jpegI have a leaking water tap and I am trying to remove the dome cover to replace the mixer catridge. I can easily turn the cover but I cannot get it off. I contacted the Zucchetti importer and they made all sorts of suggestions but nothing worked. There is no notch which I can use to pop off the dome cover. Has anybody had any experience with this type of Zucchetti water tap? Many thanks

Re: Water tap dome cover

Hi @TedBear,

I think that I have seen similar instructions before. The problem is that the diameter ot the cartridge is far to big for the cartridge to be removed without removing the dome cover. So, the dome cover has to go. I will try to remove the circlip and see whether this releases the dome cover. I have attached some instructions that the company sent me (which I also found on the internet). None of them make sense to me. Anyway, thank you, TedBear.
zuchetti1.PNGzuchetti2.PNG 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kalle,

Looking at those instructions makes me believe that the notch they are referring to, that will allow you to lever off the central dome, might be hidden behind the cover plate that identifies the direction of hot or cold. Have you tried removing this plate? It is strange that it is not mentioned on any of their instructions.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it is likely that the installer may have run a bead of silicone around it that may have to be cut out to allow it to move.

Let me know if this helps or not, I am very invested in seeing this problem solved.

Jacob

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Kalle , yes those instructions are about removing the cover, which the circlip is apparently holding on. Then you will need to follow the further instructions to remove the actual cartridge.

Hi @JacobZ,

If you zoom in, you can actually see the notch (7) in the pictures of the instructions. My dome cover does not have this notch. So, as you said, it would be strange if the cover plate were involved without mentioning it. These instructions do not seem to apply to my model. I will now contact Zucchetti Italy :smile:

Wolfgang

Hi @MitchellMc 

I just contacted Zucchetti in Italy and they replied immediately. Very impressive. You were right. It is a press fit (see instructions). One has to open it from the inside with a screwdriver. A30087_R02_Spin_Page_2.pngLet's see whether it works. Many thanks to @Noyade, @Nailbag@TedBear@JacobZ for trying to solve this problem. I will let you know whether it worked.

Wolfgang

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

So it just needs some brute force....  you were very wise to seek advice before applying it though. 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects