Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Kaboodle soft-close drawers?

cathie12
Getting Established

How to fix Kaboodle soft-close drawers?

I built my first Kaboodle cabinet - a 3 drawer unit. 
Bottom drawer I used push to open runners - they work. 
Top two drawers are soft close but they need a real push to get them to close flush with the cabinet. 
What have I done wrong? 
First photo when pushed in hard. 

IMG_5811.jpeg

 This one shows top drawer pushed in hard but second not pushed in hard just pushed to close. 

IMG_5812.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix Kaboodle soft-close drawers?

Hello @cathie12 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Kaboodle drawers.

One of the common causes of drawer misalignment is the drawer runner level. There is always the possibility that the guide holes placed in the cabinet were out of alignment. This would cause the runners to be at different levels and creates a tight fit for the drawer. The tight fit causes the drawer to malfunction.

I suggest trying this repair method, remove the tight drawer from the assembly. First, I need you to test that the drawer runner is functioning properly. Pull the drawer runner mechanism out and push it back in. The soft close system should work even without the secondary part attached. If it does not work however, this means that it is defective, and I recommend bringing it back to the store for an exchange. 

But, if you've determined that the runners work perfectly, I recommend taking accurate measurements of the level of the drawer runner mechanism. Make sure that they are at the same height and use a spirit level to determine if they are true and level. If it is out of alignment, make the necessary adjustments by loosening the screws or drill new supporting screws to the correct level.

Please give this repair suggestion a try and let me know if it works. If you still have issues with the runners, I recommend bringing the drawer runner mechanism for an exchange.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
cathie12
Getting Established

Hi Eric, 

Thank you for your response. 
After checking the level of all runners and testing the drawers in different positions it became clear that the problem was with the runners on the side panels of one of the drawers. 
Pulled them off and redid them and now all working as they should be! 
Thanks again. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @cathie12,

Many thanks for updating us on the solution; I trust @EricL will be pleased to hear.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects