Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix constantly running Caroma Slimline toilet?

Shane
Having an Impact

How to fix constantly running Caroma Slimline toilet?

I assume a seal has deteriorated od something on this Caroma Slimline toilet.

What can we get to at Bunnings to fix it? 

IMG_1607.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

We just moved into this place so I would also be happy to replace the toilet if need be. Suggestions welcome on replacement models.

IMG_1609.jpeg

Re: How to fix constantly running Caroma Slimline toilet?

It's stained.  We're on bore water here and it's probably been leaking for a while so it has a stain we can't remove. We think we might as well replace the lot and have booked a plumber for next week to do it for us - just need the right replacement!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Shane 

I suggest having a look at the Stylus Allegro Link Toilet Suite WELS 3 Star 6 L/full it is one of the most versatile retrofittable toilet suite available at the store. It has a set out that goes from 150mm to 250mm which makes it very capable of fitting into your set out. 

It is very similar to the pan and cistern layout of your Caroma Slimline suite, plus there is no need to worry about the cistern tap as this toilet will not interfere with its location. Another great feature is that the inlet valve can be relocated to the other side without the need for special tools.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Shane
Having an Impact

Thank you but my wife and I were hoping for a more modern toilet suite. Any other options that would fit that are back to wall?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Not in our current range @Shane. You'd likely have to speak with a plumber to determine whether they can remove the current waste collar and replace it with an offset version that changes the set out to one that suits back-to-wall suites like the Caroma Luna WELS 4 Star 4.5 L/full Cleanflush Toilet Suite

Mitchell

Thanks again. 

Plumber said yes they can remove the current waste collar and replace it. 

We bought this https://www.bunnings.com.au/caroma-luna-back-to-wall-toilet-suite-wels-4-star-4-5-l-full_p0088813 as it was a little cheaper - I assume the older model. 

Could you please clarify what exact collar I need to buy to suit this toilet? There are a few different ones on the link you provided and I want to ensure we have everything that the plumber needs so we don't have to pay for another call-out or him venturing off to get parts as it is a remote property.

Thanks again for your help. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Shane 

A standard adjustable pan collar should suffice, but it is difficult to second guess what the plumber might need. I therefore suggest getting the following:

These are the three most common adjustable pan collars available at the store. It's probable that the plumber will be using one of these. The Luna comes with a universal adjustable bend that will provide a measure of adjustment, but it will probably need to combine with one of the pan collars I mentioned.

Hopefully the plumber will have spare PVC pipe in their ute and that should give them all the parts they will need to install your toilet.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects