Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix noisy hot water tap on vanity?

MYC
Building a Reputation

How to fix noisy hot water tap on vanity?

The hot water tap of our bathroom vanity makes so growling noise for a few weeks.  In the last 3 days, we have  changed new washer, clean it before assembling back.  Yet, still making loud whistling noise when turning tap on. My husband went to local Bunnings earlier in the week, followed advice of staff, but still not resolving the issue.    Please help. Desperate 😫

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: noisy hot water tap on vanity

Hi MYC.

I have managed to cure noisy, screeching taps with this kind of washer...

Or maybe you've already tried them?

20220509_104022.jpg

MYC
Building a Reputation

Hi Noyade, thanks for your advice.   No I haven't seen this washer before.  Would it fit any independent tap? And at Bunnings? What brand is that?

Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MYC,

They will fit any older style internal tap that has a tap valve, and they are called dome valves. That one specifically appears to be the Kinetic 12mm Brass Dome Tap Valve.

Some other valves you might like to try are the HydroSeal Anti-Hammer O-Ring Tap Valves, Kinetic 12mm Anti Hammer Tap Valve and Kinetic 12mm PVC Anti-Hammer Tap Valve. These are mainly designed to assist with water hammer but could improve your situation. 

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects