Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to identify which toilet seating washer to buy?

Mateus
Finding My Feet

How to identify which toilet seating washer to buy?

1) Flush Valve1) Flush Valve2) Back of the Flush buttons2) Back of the Flush buttons3) Seating Washer3) Seating Washer

Good afternoon, friends from Bunnings Warehouse!

My toilet has a leak from the cistern to the toilet, which I believe can be solved by replacing the seating washer.

However, I do not know exactly what brand and model to buy. The brand of my flush valve seems to be WDI, however, I could not find any seating washer of this brand on the Bunnings website.

Picture #1 shows my flush valve.
Picture #2 shows the back of the discharge buttons, where it is written "WDI K4020".
Picture #3 shows, in close, the seating washer where it shows a code: "R07".

An important piece of information, which I find important to register, is the measures of seating washer:
- External diameter: ≈6.5mm
- Internal diameter: ≈3.5mm
- Thickness: ≈0.3mm

As I mentioned earlier, I found several brands/models on the Bunnings website, but I'm not sure which one(s) could replace the one I have.

Perhaps, some of you could tell me which seating washer could properly fit my flush valve model (even if it's a generic brand).

Thank you all,
Mateus.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Change Toilet Seating Washer

Hello @Mateus

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about your seating washer.

The closest equivalent washer that the store has is the Kinetic 65mm Geberit Washer. It is a specially sized washer and only fits the Geberit and European-styled flushing systems. You can also special order the Fix-A-Loo version which is compatible with the Geberit brand. Please speak to your local store's special orders desk if you wish to order this product.  I've placed a photo below for your reference. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @EricL!

Thank you very much for your kindness in answering my message!

Following your answer, I have just ordered the Kinetic 65mm Geberit Washer. I hope it will fit and fix the problem. : )

If you allow me, I am curious to know if my flush valve brand really is WDI and, if so, it is possible to find parts for this brand in Australia.

Warm regards,

Mateus.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Mateus

Your flushing unit is a WDIK4020 FULU single box flush. I'm currently not aware of any provider that carries spare parts for this kind of flushing system. Can you please tell me what is the make and model of your toilet suite? Perhaps with more information, we can track down a provider that has spare parts or perhaps a compatible system. 

However, if it proves to be too difficult you will have to consider changing your toilet suite to something more modern or perhaps upgrade your cistern to something that has modern flushing systems in them.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Hi @EricL 

I am sorry for the delay in answering you... busy week!

Thank you very much for your attention, you have helped me a lot!

Have a great week!

Mateus.

Dan2222
Just Starting Out

I had to look for a replacement of this exact inlet and outlet system and found it online. 

It's described as: Parisi Inlet Valve for Concealed Cisterns PA120, PA121, PA110 and PA111 for $62,50 and Parisi Replacement Mechanical Outlet Valve for Concealed Cistern for $75. It's from www.sydneybathroomware.com.au but there may be other places (I am sure there would be).

I read this post a couple of weeks ago and thought there wouldn't be a replacement available, but I found them, so here they are in case anyone else looks for them. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Dan2222. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for contributing to the discussion.

I trust any members coming across this discussion will appreciate your input. Did you need to buy the entire flush mechanism, or was there an inexpensive replacement washer available? It seems a shame to buy a whole new outlet when @Mateus only needed to source a washer. It's always best to select an outlet valve you can readily source and replace the disposable parts on. 

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your other projects going on around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects