Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove this shower bracket?

D16
Just Starting Out

How to remove this shower bracket?

I am putting a new shower head, hose and bracket. I managed to remove all parts except the bracket that attaches to the nipple.  I can’t untwist the bracket. See the photo attached. The bracket is round and a spanner is difficult to grip to try to turn the bracket. It could also be stuck down with something…it should be a straight forward unscrew. Any experienced advice would be very helpful thanks. A plumber is another option.

IMG_8193.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove this shower bracket?

Hello @D16 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about removing your shower bracket.

You've made excellent progress in removing your shower fitting. To remove the last piece attached to your wall I suggest using a Multigrip Plier. This tool will be able to hold onto the round neck of your shower set. Please remember to turn the set anti-clockwise to remove the fitting on your wall. If you plan on using the set in another bathroom and don't want to damage the chrome finish, I suggest putting a tea towel over the fitting before gripping it with the tool.  

I also suggest having a quick look at this guide: How to change a shower head

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects