Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair ceramic dish soap in shower?

malcomalcolm
Just Starting Out

How to repair ceramic dish soap in shower?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

I’ve elbowed my ceramic dish soap holder in the shower and looking to remove the existing holder and install a new one. What are some recommended products to purchase for this repair? I’m looking at purchasing the Ryobi 18V ONE+ Multi Tool R18MT3-0 to remove the grout. Any recommendations for a new ceramic dish soap holder at Bunnings?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair ceramic dish soap in shower?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @malcomalcolm. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a soap holder.

The Ryobi Multi Tool is not a bad idea and will certainly assist, but what you really need is a cold chisel and a mini sledgehammer. Whilst wearing appropriate PPE, including safety glasses, gloves, facemask, long-sleeved shirt and pants and enclosed footwear, break the rest of the soap holder into pieces and chip the remaining chunk from the wall with the cold chisel. The Multi-Tool will work great for the grout, but the tile glue behind the soap holder is doing the lion's share of holding it in position.

You'll then be able to install the new soap holder using tile glue and grout the edges.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects