Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace Caroma dual flush cistern valve?

penserg
Just Starting Out

How to replace Caroma dual flush cistern valve?

I have an old Caroma 2000 and need to change the cistern valve or washer however I can’t work out how to remove the old one. It has a water inlet tap inside which blocks the way. Can you help me please?

image.jpg

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace Caroma dual flush cistern valve?

Hello @penserg

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Caroma cistern. 

It's possible to remove the flushing mechanism and the inlet valve all in one go, however, in this instance I recommend engaging the services of a registered plumber. This is what is called an internal side mounted inlet valve, it is something I would not recommend as a D.I.Y project for beginners.

The disassembly process is complex and incorrect re-installation will result in a leak. An experienced plumber will know exactly what to look out for, how to release the tabs without damaging the housing and how to disassemble and re-assemble the filling valve properly. 

Because of the age of the flushing mechanism, extra care must be taken when repairing this unit. Any incorrect application of force will damage the housing or main flushing system itself. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects