Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace rain head with hand held shower?

alwynprashant
Just Starting Out

How to replace rain head with hand held shower?

Currently I have a rain head shower, which is installed in the bathroom as seen in the image. 

Due to certain reasons, I would like to attach a handheld shower to the current fitting. 

Can you suggest the best approach to doing this as a DIY project and the materials needed please.

IMG_3534.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace rain head with hand held shower?

Hello @alwynprashant 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing your rain head shower.

It is possible to attach a shower rail handset to the existing outlet of the shower. I propose removing the rain head shower arm and replacing it with a Brasshards 15mm Male / Female Chrome Plated Brass Elbow. Before attaching the elbow to the brass outlet, make sure to use Kinetic 12mm x 10m White Standard Thread Seal on all threaded sections. I then suggest attaching a Mondella Resonance Chrome Horizontal Shower Arm to the chrome elbow.

By attaching those two pieces I mentioned, you'll be able to attach the standard hose of an Estilo WELS 3 Star 9L/min Serena 3 Function Shower Rail Handset. However, it will be necessary to drill into the tiles to mount the shower rail.

I suggest having a look at this discussion - Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)? by @bazzyboy. It should give you ideas on how to drill into your tiled wall. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your shower rail handset.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects