Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to screed a bathroom floor?

patric
Finding My Feet

How to screed a bathroom floor?

just about to embark on a reno to my small bathroom 1.8mx2.4m just  been told i need to screed the floor when the old tiling is removed, is this hard to do and what are the steps involved, also dont want to raise the floor height too high..all input appreciated  regards  patric.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: SCREED for bathroom floor

Hello @patric

Thank you very much for sharing your question about screeding your bathroom floor. I suggest removing as much of the old tile adhesive on the floor so that you won't have any weak spots when you screed your floor. I recommend using the Dunlop Multipurpose Floor Leveller. This product will have to be ordered at the special orders desk at your store if it's not stocked as a regular item.

Generally, the floor has to be thoroughly cleaned before you place a primer such as the Dunlop 4L Multipurpose Primer. This enhances the bond between the substrate and the floor leveller. You then set up a guide or level of how far up the floor leveller has to be. 

Here is a link to our best advice: How do you level a floor?    

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks Ericl i will follow your hints  .   regards patric

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated, @patric, and please reach out if you have further questions or get stuck.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects