Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Istelo shower panel

petedog
Just Starting Out

Istelo shower panel

Want to put estilo panel over tiles in shower don't want to remove tiles as some of the plaster is wet need to seal old plaster and put on new panel and no I'm not going to use liquid nails Sikaflex will be the choice 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Istelo shower panel

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @petedog. It's great to have you join us and we trust you'll receive plenty of helpful information from our wonderful community members. 

In @MitchellMc's absence from the community, let me tag a few helpful community members who might like to share their thoughts about how they would tackle this project: @ProjectPete@Noyade@TedBear@JDE@Mathy 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: istelo shower panel

Hi @petedog,

It's great to have you join us, and I apologise for the delay in my reply.

Many thanks for sharing your project with us. Were there questions you had which we could assist you with? Do you know why the plasterboard is wet and whether an appropriate product suitable for wet-areas such as Gyprock CSR 2700 x 1200 x 13mm 3.24²m Aquachek Recessed Edge Plasterboard was used initially? I would suggest that if the plasterboard has become wet and saturated, it might need to be replaced.  Alternatively, you could let it dry out completely and then coat it with paint suitable for bathrooms.

You should find these step-by-step articles useful: How To Remove Plasterboard and How To Plasterboard A Stud Wall.

Please let us know if you have further questions or need help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects