Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry renovation

swallace
Growing in Experience

Laundry renovation

Our second DIY project for a primary school teacher and an electrician. Learning along the way was great and thanks to the helpful team members from Bunnings Coburg, we were able to get this job done during the lockdowns of 2021! 

Newlaun4.png

OldLaun.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry renovation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @swallace. It's marvellous to have you join us and many thanks for contributing this wonderful project.

What a sensational transformation! I love the tile choice and the bench has made the world of difference. You must be exceptionally pleased with how this project has turned out.

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please remember to reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
theDIYedit
Making a Splash

Great job guys! I love the subway tiles. 

Lauren @theDIYedit 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @swallace,

Really great job on your laundry transformation! I love your tile choice as it makes your black tapware and accessories really pop. I am also pleased to hear how helpful the Coburg team were with the journey. Well done. 

Katie

OneMansFool
Building a Reputation

Love it, I want to do more or less exactly this in my laundry.

Was the laundry tub / bench top all a single item that you can get made to the correct length? Or did you start with a piece of wood that needs to be cut it to the correct shape to accommodate the tub?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @OneMansFool

Let me tag @swallace to make them aware of your question. If you have the necessary tools you can cut the benchtop to fit into your existing space. But to answer your question, yes you can order the benchtop to size. However, you'll need to install the sink yourself as it's much better to cut it at the site so that it fits perfectly into the cabinet underneath. You'll notice that they've removed the old metal laundry tub and replaced it with a proper laundry cabinet. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your laundry revamp.

Eric

swallace
Growing in Experience

Hi there,

Glad you like this project! We ordered the bench to size and then my partner was able to cut the sink hole and some extra bits off it to make sure it fit well. Good luck with your project ☺️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects