Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting a shower base

SAA
Budding Contributor

Re: Painting a shower base

Thanks for your comments @Noyade 

I had sanded off to the base but could well have missed a spot. Makes sense. @Noyade and @EricL i am hoping to not have to re-strip this back (time frame is tight, as I’m going away in two days) can I add something here and paint over with remaining tub & basin paint? For example Zinsser primer sealer stain killer then paint over? Appreciate any remedy/advice 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting a shower base

Hello @SAA

I'm sorry but Zinsser primer is not compatible with White Knight Tub and Basin. I recommend keeping the coating you have on rather than stripping it back. The product that you've put on is actually an epoxy enamel and provides a very robust showering surface. It is formulated to be used in showers, ordinary primers and paint will just peel off in a matter of days. I'm sorry but the discolouration in your tray is just too strong. I suggest going over the discoloured spots that stand out with extra coats as suggested by the Tub and Tile paint manual. I recommend doing a light sand on the area that was missed so that you can put on a coat in that area as well. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects