Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Screw of toilet is broken. Tell me what i can do next...

vica
Having an Impact

Screw of toilet is broken. Tell me what i can do next...

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: the screw of toilet is broken.tell me what i can do next .Thank u.

Welcome to the Workshop community @vica. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to answer it for you.

The screw that is broken is an integrated part of the hinge mechanism and as such can not be replaced with a standard screw. If there is a brand on the toilet seat I would be more than happy to contact them to see if there is a replacement hinge which can be ordered. If there are no identifying marks on the seat it might, unfortunately, be a case of needing to replace the seat with a new one.

If you can locate a brand or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

The brand is KOHLER. Thank you!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Kohler is not one of our brands and that limits my ability to assist @vica. I have however contacted them and will let you know what their response is to ordering replacement parts.

Mitchell

thanks a lot!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vica,

Just following up to let you know that Kohler has not contacted me back about the spare parts to fix the toilet seat. Once again, I apologise as this is not a Bunnings brand and I am limited to what I can assist with.

If you were interested, I would recommend having a look at our range of toilet seats that are available in our stores. I'm sure you'll find something that is suitable and that has available spare parts.

If you need any advice on picking a toilet seat or had further questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

Hi,Mitchell! Good morning! You are so kind !,Thank you very much!

How about a wooden toilet seat ? I am a bit tired of so many white colors in my bathroom and love natural wood . I find some in Bunnings website. And I will go Bunnings Ashfield to them next week. I wish I can select one and install it easily .

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@vica,

If you need assistance with installing the new toilet seat or have questions, please let us know.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects