Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I paint or replace laundry tub?

Cider
Building a Reputation

Should I paint or replace laundry tub?

Hi, I am going to start a laundry renovation but first need to decide if I can clean up and keep the existing laundry tub. It is strong, in the right place and the right size and type. I haven't even tried to clean it yet but it appears to have a little rust on the bottom of the door. Is there anything. Other than a good clean with sugar soap, that may improve the appearance?

I don't think painting it is a good idea as it may not look professional enough.

20210921_120547.jpg

20210921_120525.jpg

I don't mind paying for a new one but not sure the quality would be the same "they don't make them like they used to" type of thing.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Should I paint or replace laundry tub?

Hello @Cider

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about your laundry tub.

It all depends on your budget and what kind of renovation you are after. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the entire laundry room and its measurements? Our members would be more than happy to provide you with ideas and options on how to maximize your renovation budget. Using Sugar Soap is a good way to clean your tub, but it will not rejuvenate it. I suggest spray painting it to give it back its shine and hide its rust marks. However, if removing the tub gives you a better look and is within your budget, I propose changing it. It sounds like a fantastic project, we look forward to seeing the photos.

Here is a handy guide: How to plan a laundry renovation by @Adam_W

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects

Here are some amazing laundry renovation projects that our Workshop members have shared.

If you need further advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cider
Building a Reputation

Re: Should I paint or replace laundry tub?

Thanks Eric. Lots of good ideas in the links including replacing door with sliding barn style door as this is a v small room. 

I'll post photos n measure to get more ideas before I start.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects