Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

replace spindle only on estilo tap

dani1234567
Finding My Feet

replace spindle only on estilo tap

Hi guys - I’m trying to replace only the spindle top only of my bathroom taps. 

I’ve bought the estilo basin set. How do I get the spindle part off the top of the new tap? Assuming it comes off?  Above the red bit pictured. I don’t want to replace the tap underneath the sink as it’s not a fully new basin install; just a replacement of taps and spout. 

image.jpg

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: replace spindle only on estilo tap

You can unscrew the spindle from the nut with the black markings on it in your photo @dani1234567 then obviously remove the same section from the existing on your sink and pop the new one on. Does that make sense?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Oh good, I’m glad you tell me that’s how it’s supposed to work. It doesn’t seem to be unscrewing easily! I think maybe I need some extra muscles / tools to unscrew it! :smile: thank you 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dani1234567. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you've already received a prompt and helpful reply from @ProjectPete.

You might need an adjustable spanner to turn the nut on the spindle (red circle) and a pipe wrench to hold the body of the tap (green circle). Alternatively, if you have a vice you can hold the body in that.

Please let us know if you have difficulties removing the spindle.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects