Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Another Cordless Drill Storage Station

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

Another Cordless Drill Storage Station

A friend asked if I could make a cordless drill storage station on behalf of her sister to give to her husband as a birthday present. I showed her a pic of the one that I made for myself and she was happy to go ahead with it.

Drill Storage Station 1.jpgOriginal Drill Storage Station that I made for myself a few years ago.

Drill Storage Station 3.jpg
Drill Storage Station 4.jpgThe new one that I made for her a couple days ago.
I used veneered MDF board for the sides and shelf, then just whatever I had laying around for the rest Yellow Cedar for the front and rear panels and Pine for the drill slide compartments. The slide components are screwed whilst the main body is glued and brad nailed.

Wood Working with Wayne
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Another Cordless Drill Storage Station

Great work @Wayne. Many thanks for sharing.

Your original cordless drill charging station has been one of the most popular projects on Workshop, with over 12,000 views to date.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Thank you @Wayne  for sharing this with us.  I've been trying to make one out of melamine and not happy with the way it's going, or looking.  So think I will scratch it and when I have a little more time for fiddling I will use either pine or mdf and see if I get a nicer result such as yours.

Once again thank you.

Old gal

iolene
Cultivating a Following

Looks great, with the amount of cordless tools I have I need a large charge/storage station. This is getting close to the right size! Great looking project.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @iolene,

If @Wayne's project interests you, then you might like to have a look at this step-by-step guide on How to build a drill charging station. It would be fairly easy to adjust the measurements to suit any number of drill hangers.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in creating your own charging station.

Mitchell

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Wayne

Yet again you have outdone yourself.   This is great.  I hope to make something similar... when I'm doing a bit better... I think you have created something very sellable.. 

Thank you for sharing... 

This old gal.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thanks for contributing to this discussion, @Old-gal24. Let me tag @Wayne so he is alerted to your lovely comment.

When you're ready to tackle this project, you can find step-by-step instructions here: How to build a drill charging station.

Don't forget to post a picture. We'd love to see it.

Stevie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects