Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. portable bike stand

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. portable bike stand

254B7389-DE66-4093-9D5F-BCB0118E347B.jpeg

We recently had our council hard rubbish clean up so figured it was a good time to organise the storage under our stairs. Our biggest problem was all the bikes, scooters etc. I needed something that I could move the bikes easily when needing to access the storage behind them. So using some timber and bike hooks I bought from Bunnings I created this bike stand on castors. Can’t believe how easy it is now to store them away and move them. After measuring the heights, widths I needed and then cutting all the lengths I was able to knock it over in a day.

2E61E964-58BC-492A-B616-A012C877D079.jpeg8FF34AFF-D978-44D8-90F0-1A59E9B3F925.jpegB4557154-F83A-4B3E-950B-821BDD67BCBD.jpeg54000D53-764C-4E5E-8662-517EEC200083.jpeg559ED363-3898-4A5D-B23D-C216267AC67F.jpeg254B7389-DE66-4093-9D5F-BCB0118E347B.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: D.I.Y. portable bike stand

Love this @Tara86, it's so clever. Well done.

Many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LIZFILMER
Just Starting Out

Please email the plan, re. timbers etc...

Hi @LIZFILMER,

Welcome to Workshop, our online community for sharing D.I.Y. advice and inspiration. We're glad you could join us and trust you will receive loads of inspiration and helpful advice from our clever and creative members.

Let me tag the wonderful @Tara86 for you. Hopefully she can reply soon with some more detail so you can replicate her terrific project. 

Thanks,

Jason

Seaton
Having an Impact

I like it! I must do the same
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@LIZFILMER so glad you like it. It’s made a huge difference for us. Can’t believe how easy it is now to move the bikes.

I will get the plans out and post them for you. Including the sizes of our bikes. 

Measure the length of your bike, the Handle bars and the wheel so you can make any alterations should your bikes differ in sizes to ours. 

The other thing will your bikes be stored in the open or in a storage room? As I wanted ours to fit in the storage room under the stairs I had to make sure it would fit. If it’s going to be in an open area then you can make the stand wider with more  space between the bikes. 

Can I please have the plans to the bike stand emailed to me thanks Margaret
Rapid
Just Starting Out

Hi Tara,

Awesome idea.

Please email the plans as well.

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Here are the plans plus photos from each step. If you’d like them emailed send me a PM with your email address and I’ll send it through.

I’ve tried to keep it simple so if anything doesn’t make sense or have other questions please let me know.

Any recommendations or alterations are welcome ☺️

3DC5F613-EED9-477D-B6E9-6CF7DDC0924D.jpeg

29B114B3-1174-4D47-A5D7-A4DB5C08B539.jpeg935AAC80-2EA6-4C71-8A9D-9BABF2C4BDC4.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brilliant job sharing the step-by-step instructions for members who'd like to replicate your fantastic project @Tara86. You're a star.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects