Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY Workbench (Zero skills in woodwork)

Ela
Getting Established

DIY Workbench (Zero skills in woodwork)

Hi

I'm looking to start a business from home that requires workbenches and a darkroom. (Screen printing) because I'm only on a year lease I prefer not to damage the property or garage so I'm looking to build a workbench that I can move around and a darkroom build that I can take apart when not using it or need to move. I've drawn out what kind of workbench I want to go for but I'm unsure how to work out measurements, what tools I need or how to prep to build a diy work bench build. 

Any tips or advice for a beginner would be awesome.

Thank you

Workbenchjpg.jpg

Ela
Getting Established

Re: DIY Workbench (Zero skills in woodwork)

20200413_162625.jpg

 Thank you  Jason :smile:

Hopefully i did good! Ill be adding to it as more stuff arrive.

Thanks for the tips all🙂

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Fantastic result @Ela, thank you very much for sharing. Excellent usage of the bed slats, it's always great to re-purpose unused items.

We can't wait to see the rest of your project come together, please keep us updated on your progress. If there is anything further I can assist with, please let me know.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

hi @MitchellMc 

a bit confused here at step 1 cut timber (red high light) how can I cut  2400 x 1200 x 25mm to 2250mm x 1080mm x 30mm 😁

typo may be? Thanks

prep.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community  @Tobby. Thanks for your question.

In the project, they use 2400 x 1220 x 25mm timber. Simply a typo as you mentioned. We'll have that corrected.

Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to seeing your project!

Mitchell

thank you for fast respond and I will try my best to do my 1st work bench :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Tobby.

We can't wait to see the results of your first workbench. Remember to hit the "Start a discussion" button if you need assistance with your project or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects