Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY guttering

LeeStan00
Just Starting Out

DIY guttering

Been looking at Guttering on your website and noticed they are in sections around 3 metres ,,, but my question is how do join 2 peiices that meet in middle..? Is it the expansion parts or the joiners ? And is the part I’ve sent photo of a joiner cause the look similar 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY GUTTERING

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @LeeStan00. It's amazing that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question.

I am not aware of an actual joiner piece for zinc guttering. Instead, the sections of gutter overlap by 100mm and lock into each other. Ensure that the piece of guttering you place on top is on the uphill side of your fall along the length. That way, the little ridge formed doesn't trap water as it flows along the gutter. If you remove a small section of the curled lip on the internal piece, it can make overlapping the sections easier. Once the sections are ready to be joined, you apply Selleys 310g Roof, And Gutter Silicone over the meeting surfaces, then drill and pop-rivet them together. Additional sealant is then applied over all join edges and pop rivets.

What you have there is an external bracket, and they are used to hold the gutter to the fascia. You'll place one of these directly over the joined section for additional support.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects