Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

French cleat wall in my workshop

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

French cleat wall in my workshop

DSCI0005.JPG

Just to get my feet wet for quite some time here is a picture of my French Cleat wall in my workshop, it is, of course, now fully populated with all sorts of tools and workshop "stuff". This picture was taken before tool and bench "bloat" took over the workshop making hard to get good photos of things LOL.

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

Re: French cleat wall in my workshop

The wall is constructed of standard framing timber faced with plaster board cladding as most walls in a house are constructed. A bit of trim top and bottom and on the sides rounds it off.

Simple enough design but is very modular and adjustable.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Looks excellent, @Bundaboy! Any chance we could get a picture of some of the tools and workshop stuff you have hanging off it? Also, if you could take a picture of how the cleat engages, that would be terrific. I suspect many of our members new to D.I.Y. might not have heard of a French cleat before, and any additional pictures or information you could provide would be beneficial.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes will do but I have to clean the joint up a bit, I can hardly get in there at the moment. The place got flooded in the last lot of heavy rain so have been spending what little time I have on clearing up that mess. Life was never meant to be easy. I will post some kind of picture of how a French cleat works.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects