Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I best reline and insulate an old portable office building?

Angela15
Just Starting Out

How do I best reline and insulate an old portable office building?

I need to re-insulate and re-line the ceiling of a portable office building (timber frame). I was wondering if re-roofing with insulspan corrugated roofing would be a good option rather than repairing the current roof skillion as well. It would mean that the ceiling timber frame would be exposed on the inside but I could live with that if it meant no more leaking. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I best reline and insulate an old portable office building?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Angela15. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question about Insulspan.

As far as I'm aware, Insulspan is designed for insulated patios or outdoor living areas and not enclosed structures. I suppose with some additional work they could be installed on top of your beams and used as a ceiling for your portable office. A concern I have would be your ability to enclose the roof so it's weatherproof. Since the panels range from 50 - 125mm in thickness you might have difficulties using traditional roofing flashings.

Pretty neat idea and I'm sure plenty of our members with enclosed sunrooms will be interested in this discussion. Replacing their tin roofing sheets with Insulspan would be a convenient option to reduce heat.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects