Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How organised is your garage?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

At this time of year many people are considering tidying up their garage.

Fortunately, there's lots of great information and products available for getting organised and making the most of the space you have. 

Advice from Bunnings for organising your garage includes:

• Clearing the clutter by throwing away things you don't need or donating them to charity

• Grouping similiar items together using storage containers to make it easier to find what you need

• Creating zones in your garage with specific areas for specific things such as garden and D.I.Y. tools

• Using shelving to stack items and maximise the use of space as well as hanging as many items as possible using the likes of hooks and pegboards.

And what are your top tips for ensuring your garage is tidy, organised and clutter-free?

Jason

garage.jpg 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: How organised is your garage?

Mine currently looks a little like this....

chaos.jpg

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Kermit, serves you right, I bet your driveway's chock a block with stretched Hummers, & more parked on the road. :cheeky:

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Storage tubs are your friend! Cheap, stackable, tidy - I love them.

Henno
Having an Impact

Kermit, if that's your real garage, you have a serious problem my friend. I would get my **bleep** straight down to the closest psychoanalyst ASAP!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Henno, a bit harsh mate, & somewhat misguided.

My phsych couldn't help me in that situation, he cherishes driving his glorious F Type Jaguar in his extreme limited spare time. :wink:

BTW Mr Smartie Pants, I guarantee, that that's not an Australian garage. See if you can pick why, & get back to me. :cool:

Sorry Andy, can't tell why. Is it to do with those left hand drive pushies?
I meant no offence to Kermit, just some light-hearted banter to make a subject much more betterer...
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Henno you worry too much mate, I picked that you were hav'n a play, so I went with it.

I'm pretty sure that the push reel mower on the left of the pic, isn't available in Australia:

//www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200377304_200377304

BTW, my psych does have an F Type Jaguar, & he deserves it. :wink:

I knew it! I knew you were crazy Andy! Your analyst deserves every cent you pay him!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Henno, dead right I'm crazy, my only regret is that my psych only sees me every 3 months, so couldn't opt for metallic paint.

I've often told him, "don't make me normal, or I'm outta here". :wink:

He's a fairly solemn bloke, so it makes my day if I can get a grin from him (he laughed last visit, YAH!!!), so I'll be on his books for a long time yet.

Am I delusional that I'm perfect? :cheeky: :wink:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects