Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How organised is your garage?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

At this time of year many people are considering tidying up their garage.

Fortunately, there's lots of great information and products available for getting organised and making the most of the space you have. 

Advice from Bunnings for organising your garage includes:

• Clearing the clutter by throwing away things you don't need or donating them to charity

• Grouping similiar items together using storage containers to make it easier to find what you need

• Creating zones in your garage with specific areas for specific things such as garden and D.I.Y. tools

• Using shelving to stack items and maximise the use of space as well as hanging as many items as possible using the likes of hooks and pegboards.

And what are your top tips for ensuring your garage is tidy, organised and clutter-free?

Jason

garage.jpg 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How organised is your garage?

I fear we are getting off topic here what with our psychiatric foibles and neglecting the topic of garage organisation.
My garage fails to meet several criteria, with my lack of funding and incentive. Our car takes up a lot of room and Jason's photo is but a pipe dream for me!
I do have a place down the coast and we are renovating it. I've baggsed a large portion of the reconfigured garage and this will be my opportunity to start from scratch. I have plans to build a new work bench as well as reinvent some older shelving to more effective storage.
My analyst (Dr Tooheys) says I should visit him regularly to discuss matters and not to rush these type of projects. He also recommends seeking advice from friends at regular intervals whilst imbibing frothy beverages of an alcoholic nature.
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Yeah, not my real garage @Henno. I might have been exaggerating a little. But we definitely need a clean out. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Handyman Magazine has some good tips for organising your garage, workshop or shed in this article - 16 workshop storage suggestions you've never thought of

Hope you find some of the ideas inspiring. And feel free to post your own ideas. 

Jason

zap
Just Starting Out

mostly plastic rubbish though. we should be thinking more about the environment and less about cheap

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your opinion @zap

Welcome to the community. We look forward to reading about your own projects and plans. 

Jason

lcooksey88
Having an Impact

F6D5A0B8-8868-4739-BFFE-96F87EC82568.jpeg

Loving our recent make over thanks to bunnings!! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects