Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to extend a mezzanine in the garage?

lilyfieldspark
Just Starting Out

How to extend a mezzanine in the garage?

Morning all,

I've taken on a project in my mother's garage (curtesy of covid). She had a mezzanine put in some years ago by my brother-in-law a 1mtr x 3260 and now I'm extending it further by 3mtrs. He used 45mm x 140 beams and being a novice I found the Wesbeam 200 x 45mm e2s lvl e-joint 6 of them, might be the best product for this project.

Can advise me if I'm going down the right road or suggest something else.

Cheers

Michael

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mezzanine

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lilyfieldspark. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about extending a mezzanine.

Those beams would certainly be suitable as long as you adhered to relevant timber span tables and had them appropriately supported. You'll also need to follow the building codes surrounding the construction of mezzanine floors. You can find some beneficial information, including those span tables, on the Westbeam site.

Please let me know if you have any questions about your project, and I'll do my best to assist.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects