Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install double glass door?

Tim06
Finding My Feet

How to install double glass door?

5A1D62E1-0985-4F57-AC37-0C54B2A3E813.jpeg

6A806056-3F73-471C-9E1C-98A34AE02501.jpeg

4E76F464-2496-4923-A545-B9D9A71880A7.jpeg

How to fix double glass door to concrete floor 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: double glass door

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tim06. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing sliding glass doors.

Were there any instructions from the manufacturer about how the door was to be installed? It's my understanding that you would generally block up under the door to level it with packing shims. A couple of thick beds of weatherproof caulking also need to be applied on the concrete to seal under the frame. When the frame is level, and you've checked its diagonals for plumb, you can screw through the side jambs into either your brickwork or timber frame. I believe sliding doors frames/jambs are seldom fixed through their top or the bottom into a concrete floor.

Let me mention @ProjectPete and @Brad to see if they have any experience in this area.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Ok thanks 

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Everything I have seen is side fix.

The exception being sliding doors without frames that use top and bottom rails but that is mostly industrial sheds.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects