Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to modify the doors on new garden shed kit (potentially EnduraShed)

JamesdB
Just Starting Out

How to modify the doors on new garden shed kit (potentially EnduraShed)

Hi All,

I am looking for advice on modifying the doors on one of the EnduraShed kits. I'm in the process of updating our existing shed with a larger one as we have some extra space. I like the idea of the taller shed for headspace (2.1m wall). Unfortunately the doors will open onto the carport and one it's beams sits at 1.9m off the ground. I am hoping to trim the doors down and add in a panel above to fill the space. Just wondering how i could go about this and whether Bunnings would have the materials to do this.

All the best,

James

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to modify the doors on new garden shed kit (potentially EnduraShed)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JamesdB. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about modifying the doors on your EnduraShed.

In order for us to give you a more comprehensive recommendation, would it be possible for you to post the model number or item number of the shed you propose to modify? If you have the necessary tools to cut and modify steel you should be able to modify the door on your shed. Can you also please post the proposed area where the shed will be located in. Once we have more information we'll be able to suggest ways on how to modify your shed doors.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JamesdB
Just Starting Out

Thanks for your reply Eric, appreciate the feedback.

We've decided to go custom this time as we're going to put in a roller door change the roof pitch for more height.

Cheers,

James

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JamesdB

It's good to know you've found another solution to your doors. I'm sure our members would be keen to see how you've decided to lay out your garden shed. Should you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to post them. I'm sure our members would be more than happy to offer advice and information to your project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects