Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reinforce treadmill deck?

topper
Building a Reputation

How to reinforce treadmill deck?

1000029151.jpg

1000029152.jpg

1000029153.jpg

   

G'day All,

So my treadmill is breaking under the workload that is me. Between the rubber belt on my treadmill is a 15mm wooden (mdf?) deck. This is the part that cracks down the middle under my weight.

Customer support has suggested that I attempt to reinforce the deck. I have made my first attempt by screwing wood across the deck, but two out of three of them have come out (I screwed from the bottom up, rather that top down... my bad).

I was wondering if anyone had a simple idea on how I could secure a metal bar across the bottom of the deck?

Note:  Pictures to be attached soon.

Re: How to reinforce treadmill deck?

Hi @Dave-1 

The real way that treadmill deck is working is like a  swimming pool  diving  board it is supported at the rear to the frame but the  board is free floating upwards to the front of the tread mill. Timber is meant to flex but fails  with  mdf only has its support in an outer casing skin  surrounding the inner mix of glued timber plup  Where as  ply is  laminated top to bottom much stronger as a diving board, 

Loook closer all will be  reveiled at the GFX  cushions they are supporting underneath the board giving  the bounce needed to simulate people biomechanics white  running acting as minishock absorbers.  So the   board must be  free floating  only really attached to the rear to allow this to  happen.   @topper also wanted to stop the slapping of timber on steel  frame with is proof the board suspendeedon the shock absorbers.

Maybe he needs additional gfx cushions for the better exerpiance.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects