Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair Ryobi drill press?

AnitaP
Having an Impact

How to repair Ryobi drill press?

This part of my drill press has broken and now the depth stop doesn't stop. Does anybody know if this part can be replaced? And if it can, what is it called?

Thank you

20220315_120109.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ryobi drill press

Hi @AnitaP,

If you can provide the model number of your machine, I can then contact Ryobi to see if a spare part is available. Alternatively, if this machine is still under warranty, you can return it to your closest store with proof of purchase, and the team can look at swapping the whole machine over for you.

You should find the model number on an identification sticker on the machine.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you @MitchellMc that would be very helpful. Is this It?

I will see if I can find the receipt aswell. Crappy things is I live 3 hours from Bunnings and did a Bunnings trip just yesterday 😫

20220315_123003.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@AnitaP,

It's a pity the store is so far away from you. 

That cracked part appears to be included in the eye shield assembly pictured below and labelled 710. The part number for all those pieces is 089091005710, and it is reasonably priced. I believe this specific part is labelled #79, though it is not sold separately.

If this machine was purchased after June 2017, it has a four-year warranty and if you have your proof of purchase, I would be taking advantage of that and swapping the machine over.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thank you so much @MitchellMc . It's definitely under warranty, got it last year. Just a matter of finding the receipt. I'm the meantime I think I will try order that until I get back to Bunnings.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello Anita.

I'm just wondering what the outcome with your drill press was. Did you get the new part?

Mine did the same thing - I don't know why Ryobi made it outta plastic - but this was around the year 2001.

I'm not suggesting this is a simple fix - I cut a thin piece of metal pipe of a similar diameter, slit it, and welded an anchoring bolt. Similar anchoring bolt welded onto a metal rod support arm...

20220413_132911.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade 

Let me tag @Anita to make them aware of your question. That plastic holding piece is not strong enough to take the stress. But I love your solution to the problem. That steel holding piece is fantastic and should last a long while.

Thanks for sharing that excellent solution.

Eric

AnitaP
Having an Impact

@Noyade 

That looks like a good solution. Unfortunately I haven't worked with metal before.

I found my receipt and going to get a replacement. In the mean time, I have just been watching the depth stop very carefully and making sure I stop when it was meant to

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects