Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal Plywood installed on garage walls and ceiling?

Gilespotter
Just Starting Out

How to seal Plywood installed on garage walls and ceiling?

I was recommended Intergrain Ultraclear as a great sealer for the plywood I've installed on the walls and ceiling of my garage.  I can't find that product anymore at Bunnings (or not in the right size anyway) and am looking for an alternative in a clear or white wash colour.  Any suggestions? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Plywood Sealer - Intergrain Ultraclear

Hello @Gilespotter

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting the plywood in your garage. 

If you're after whitewash paint, I suggest using any of the three major brands Dulux, Taubmans and British Paints. These products come in large quantities from 4 to 15 litres depending on your needs. Please note that the links I've provided are for exterior paint products, I believe this will provide you with better protection especially if you keep your garage door open to the weather. 

However, if you wish to use interior paint, I suggest getting a low sheen finish so that it does not attract too much dust and dirt. Was there a particular can size you were after in the Integrain range? I'll be more than happy to find out for you if they come in larger sizes.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:  How to paint a room.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric that's really helpful. 

Keep us updated on your project @Gilespotter, and please reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects