Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painted garage floor

Upcycler01
Having an Impact

Painted garage floor

4E4742D1-916E-4804-940F-08861C4772D1.jpeg

Our old concrete flooring in the garage was stained and marked. Hubby and I painted it with a dark grey concrete paint to freshen it up. Hubby added some flat pack cupboards that we brought at Bunnings. I had handles so hubby added those instead of using the ones from the flat pack so he didn’t have to drill 2 holes for the handles. We have a shed so we don’t store large things in our garage and only needed the fiat packs. I can’t recall the name of the paint unfortunately to add that detail to the post. The paint is strong smelling too so the space does need to be aired while you’re painting and afterwards. We choose to do it in spring so the paint didn’t dry too quickly. 

31D63A5F-C704-40CC-B2E1-7DB43AD6289C.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: painted garage floor

Hello @Upcycler01

Thank you very much for sharing photos and details of your garage floor painting project. It's a refreshing transformation and gives your garage a nice-new look. The cabinets look great and will come in handy for storage. Did you do the project all in one weekend or over a span of several days?

Again, thank you for sharing your fantastic project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric, from memory we painted 3 coats so 2 coats were painted on one day and the final coat the next morning. 
hubby installed the cabinets in an afternoon so it took just a weekend to do. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Upcycler01

Thank you for that extra information about your garage floor painting project. I'm sure it will come in handy for our members that are planning their own garage renovation projects.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects