Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Protect plasterboard wall for exercises (wall walks, handstand pushups) or strong tape material

bilcruise
Building a Reputation

Protect plasterboard wall for exercises (wall walks, handstand pushups) or strong tape material

Hi Bunnings community, I need some suggestions on some material I can use to protect my garage wall (it's the standard plasterboard painted in white type of wall as the attached photo) for exercises that I am doing, particularly wall walks - https://youtu.be/p9Dij31d4s0?t=31.

The constraint is that I cannot drill into the walls, so I am looking for a solution that is portable/ detachable.

I did wall walks once and it left a lot of dirt on the wall and was difficult to clean, hence, I am thinking of putting some layer that I can just remove/ replace without damaging the wall itself. I might've damaged the pain when I did those wall walks last time too due to the friction with the shoes.

Could you please help? Thanks a lot!

EDIT.

I have this clear sheet weighing about 4.2kg with dimensions 1200mm x 90mm x 3mm. Any idea on what sort of removable, non-wall-damaging tape that I can use? 

IMG_7060.jpg

bilcruise
Building a Reputation

Re: Protect plasterboard wall for exercises (wall walks, handstand pushups) or strong tape material

Hi @EricL just wanted to give an update. The suggestion you gave works well so far.

image.jpg

It’s been holding fine for over 2 months. I am surprised! Thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Protect plasterboard wall for exercises (wall walks, handstand pushups) or strong tape material

Hi @bilcruise

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear the command strips are still working after two months. Should they start to lose their stickiness, just make sure to replace them with exactly the same product and make sure to use isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface before putting on the new strips.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects