Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi Etorque vs Conventional Mechanical Torque System

rhymesayer033
Finding My Feet

Ryobi Etorque vs Conventional Mechanical Torque System

Hi, have anyone here used the Ryobi ETorque drill system? Do you prefer it over the conventional torque limiter? Appreciate your opinions. Cheers! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi Etorque vs Conventional Mechanical Torque System

Welcome to the Workshop community @rhymesayer033. I'd be happy to kick-off the discussion.

Currently, I don't personally have any of the ETorque Ryobi drills only their previous models. After having a look at what ETorque actual does, it not only manually limits torque output but it electronically manages the tool's motor and performance while drilling/driving. This smart management can prevent damage to the motor and adjusts power to the motor on the fly whilst in use. 

Interesting advancement in technology which @Brad  or @ProjectPete might be interested in joining the discussion on.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rhymesayer033
Finding My Feet

@MitchellMc Thanks for the response. If you are used to the conventional torque limiter you would think that this E-torque thingy is a hit-and-miss coz it will just stop in the middle of your drive but when you depress and press again it will continue driving. At least with the conventional one once the drill hits the torque limit it wont really drive more no matter how many times you depress and press the trigger. You just hear that chucking sound.

I don't have much experience with Ryobi and I think it is zero with the drills or drivers.

Makita I have used with a power planter and the owner was right about needing strong wrists to use it on the drill setting.

Bosch Drill mine has an anti kickback feature and a standard screw settings ring.

Bosch Impact Driver call me impressed, not recommended for driving Kreg screws in pocket holes but with care it works.

Bosch Screw Gun also impressive but not a budget option.

Bosch SDS+ not hit reo rod yet but so far so good.

Bosch Angle Drill fairly basic and 12v but it goes places that the others can't.

Now off to order a Dewalt Biscuit Joiner...

One more thing I would rather have the drill cut out than having the motor burn out.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects