Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sandstone barn build

Ghostwriter
Having an Impact

Sandstone barn build

IMG_1948.jpg

HI, During lockdown 2020 I decided to build a home for a 1938 ute I own, I am a Signwriter and have never attempted Stonemasory before, besides the roof capping It is all my work, I thought it needed to be in a style that complimented the age of the car. I tracked down some cheap sandstone from a guy who was digging out under his house a few suburbs away.

It has taken 2 years to get to this stage but I only work on it when I feel like it as I didn't want it to feel like a hard slog.

Nearly all of it was from recycled materials but all the sand, cement, reo, nails, bolts & screws are from Bunnings Kirrawee.60870056927__AC75164F-3E3C-492E-A28F-99D8F81641D7.jpgIMG_1689.jpgIMG_2255.jpgIMG_0264.jpgIMG_0417.jpgIMG_0574.jpgIMG_1013.jpgIMG_1278.jpg 

Hope you enjoy, Brad

Re: Sandstone barn build

Thanks Noelle, appreciate your comment. Brad

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Sandstone barn build

Hi @Ghostwriter,

Let me tag @Noelle so she knows your appreciation. I definitely agree with her, I also love your use of recycled materials! What do you have in the works for us next?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects