Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Saw blade with 24mm bore

beebee
Getting Established

Saw blade with 24mm bore

Hello, not sure if its the right place to ask.... I'm looking for a new blade for my 190mm compound saw. It requires a bore of 24mm. I've searched and cannot find a blade with this size bore, nor can i find reducing rings this will reduce to 24mm. Does anyone know if such blades are available?

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: saw blade with 24mm bore

It would help if we knew the brand of the saw and even more if you have a model number?

Bosch do have a 24mm adapter ring available overseas, @MitchellMc may have a local contact with Bosch?

A quick google shows that 20mm is the common bore size for that diameter of blade.

beebee
Getting Established

Sorry Brad, a model might help.... Its an old 800w GMC MS190

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: Saw blade with 24mm bore

Beebee

Good luck with that one. Have you tried getting a bush for say a 22mm to blade bore size and filing it out with a round file to 24mm that way you could swap to a more common blade. You would only need to take out 1mm all around or get a 24mm, 15/16 drill bit and drill it out.

JDE

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @beebee,

I see you have already received some advice from @Brad  and @JDE which is fantastic. I thought I would mention it might be worth considering an upgrade to a saw that runs a standard blade. When you add the price of the blade you are looking for and potentially an arbor bush pack to suit it you're getting close to half the price of a new saw. The Ozito 210mm 1600w Compound Mitre Saw is double the power, has a larger blade (which is included) and a three-year replacement warranty all for $99.

I would imagine the "old 800w GMC MS190" might have a limited lifespan left and it would be a shame to install a new blade on a saw which could possibly stop working in the near future.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

A good test of a mitre saw is to carefully put pressure on the side of the blade to see if you get movement. My Bosch monster has none noticeable and my cheep no name has around 1mm sideways movement.

You can buy 180mm blades with a 30mm bore and shop online for a bush. I don't feel confidant that I could drill out a standard 190mm blade with a 20mm bore to get it to fit and run true, so as Mitch says upgrade time might give you the best result.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects