Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shed advice for flooring and assembling and disassembling

yannrandri
Growing in Experience

Shed advice for flooring and assembling and disassembling

Hi

I am looking to put a shed to store a few things to make sure they wont suffer from rain and UV... I was looking at few option and wondering if plastic is a good option: https://www.bunnings.com.au/lifetime-2-1-x-2-1-x-2-27m-desert-sand-polyethylene-plastic-garden-shed_... or https://www.bunnings.com.au/keter-1858-x-2368-x-2270mm-manor-6-x-8-plastic-garden-shed_p0038565

Looking at the size of those - I would guess they would not require anything from council?

I have few question about flooring. I cannot have a concrete slab and was wondering if Concrete block is a possibility. The surface where I want to put it is pretty flat (I can send a picture of the place - though I may wait for the rain to stop). I can also place it under the carport if I a flatter surface is required.

The other thing is I may need to move from my actual place in a year and half and was wondering if those can be disassembled and be moved to another location.

Thank you for any advice.

Best regards

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shed advice for flooring and assembling and disassembling

Hello @yannrandri

The Lifetime 2.1 x 2.1 x 2.27m Desert Sand Polyethylene Plastic Garden Shed and the Keter 1858 x 2368 x 2270mm Manor 6 x 8 Plastic Garden Shed are both good sheds and can be disassembled if you need to move in a year. I often recommend reading the ratings and reviews at the bottom of the page to give you an idea of the quality of the shed you are about to buy. 

Anchoring the shed to a cement floor is important and is recommended by the manufacturer. The last thing you want to do is to pick up your shed in your neighbour's garden after a strong storm. I also recommend checking with your local council on the rules and regulations of anchoring a shed in your backyard. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to pour a concrete slab by @tom_builds

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yannrandri
Growing in Experience

Thanks Eric

I will check with the council and on permissions...

Also nice guide for the concrete slab - I think I wont be able to do it at this stage but it is a good thing to have in mind.

Thanks again

Yann

Keep us updated @yannrandri, and please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

We look forward to seeing your project come together.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects