Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I buy a nail gun?

Henno
Having an Impact

Should I buy a nail gun?

nailgun.jpg

Hi guys,

Have a couple of small projects coming up which will require either some small nailing (35mm) but plenty of them. Not sure if I should fork out some cash on a Ryobi 18ga brad nailer or just quietly accept the fact there will be bruising and broken nails (mine).

I don't have any of the Ryobi line of products and $320 is a bit of a cash outlay for several projects.

Maybe I'm just getting lazier as I grow older!

I do have a Powerpass and $40 worth of unused vouchers.

Anyway, all I need is a little bit more convincing or an easier way of driving about 1000 nails.

Yours in DIY

Henno

Re: Nail gun or elbow grease?

Hey @Henno 

Get the gun, you will thanks me later, it is a huge pain saving device and if you don't want it, you can sell it to me later. I have just nailed hundreds of nails and like Brad hit my fingers a few times, bent nails etc and won't do it again . its worth the money

Cheers

Geoff

Re: Nail gun or elbow grease?

Hi @GeoffLongden,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. We're really pleased to have you join us and share your experiences and projects with other members. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Please note I've edited your post to remove your mobile phone number and protect your privacy. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or ever have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects