Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Slippery ceramic tile in garage

Dusty
Just Starting Out

Slippery ceramic tile in garage

Our garage has a slippery ceramic tile layed approx 31 sq mtres.

Is there an application to make it non slip,and if there is how long does it retain its nonslip advantage,and can it be retreated from time to time with minimum work?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bill

Hello @Dusty (Bill)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your slippery ceramic floors.

I suggest using DTA 1L Anti Slip. This anti-slip product is a fluoride-based formula designed to help prevent slipping on ceramic, mosaic and quarry tiles, terrazzo and unpainted concrete floors. It works by altering the surface texture while maintaining the floor's appearance and is suitable for use around bathrooms, patios, pools and steps.

I recommend using DTA Turtle Back Sponge to spread the product. Please make sure to give the area a thorough clean before applying the product. I suggest testing it first in a hidden corner to see if it is compatible with your tile. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects